The MNPRX shelf contains all tools required to work with MNPRX, separated into three segments:
While most users will find themselves working with the first segment, it’s important to understand what the remaining two segments are for. The last shelf tool will popup the shelf into its own window.
The art-direction tools can be found in the left side of the shelf, ordered from highest to lowest level of control. These consist of:
- MNPRX - opens the browser with the MNPRX documentation.
- style - opens the Stylization Presets to load/save predefined styles and their parameters [docs].
- conf - selects the configuration node to change each style attribute [docs].
- mPre - opens the Material Presets to load/save predefined MNPRX materials and their parameters [docs].
Right click -> Update ShaderFX materialswill automatically update all ShaderFX materials to the newest version.
Right click -> Refresh ShaderFX materialswill automatically refresh all ShaderFX materials in the scene.
- mat - selects the material of currently selected objects e.g., the mnpr_uber or mnpr_geoproxy materials.
Double clickrefreshes the Attribute Editor of the material, forcing the ShaderFX framework to show all attributes.
Right click -> Select all objects with materialwill select all objects that share the same material.
- blk - opens the Bulk Attribute tool that is like an attribute editor, but lets you modify multiple MNPRX materials at once (in bulk).
- nFx - opens the NoiseFX window that lets you control effects procedurally on MNPRX materials [docs].
- pFx - opens the PaintFX window that lets you paint each effect directly on your 3D models [docs].
The lighting and testing tools allow to easily create the supported lights within MNPRX and to troubleshoot if things are not looking quite right.
- Supported lights - shelf icons for the four different supported lights: ambient, directional, point (no shadow maps) and spot light.
- pass - opens the Pass Inspector, which lets you toggle on/off each stylization pass and troubleshoot the inner workings of the stylization itself.
- test - creates a simple default test scene with default lighting.
- tbox - opens the MNPRX Toolbox window, containing handy tools to work with MNPRX in production [docs].
- float - opens a floating viewport with a 1280 x 720 resolution.
Right click -> Float viewport 1024 x 540opens a floating viewport with a 1024 x 540 resolution.
Right click -> Float viewport 1920 x 1080opens a floating viewport with a 1920 x 1080 resolution (Full HD).
Right click -> Custom float viewportopens a floating viewport with a custom resolution set through a small dialog.
- rendr - opens up the viewport renderer, which quickly allows to save screenshots or playblasts [docs].
- tSeq - opens up the target sequence renderer, which allows to render all different passes for production [docs].
- im/ex - opens up the import/export tool to import or export .style files [docs]
- supp. - opens the browser straight to support on this webpage.
Creates a popup shelf in a window so that you can always access the MNPRX tools while using other shelves.